- The ND4S housing provides access to all the functions of the Nikon D4S including Live View and Info.
- The ergonomic SUBAL housing design and arrangement of all the key controls allows easy camera operation without letting go of the grip.
- The camera is fitted on a special cradle which enables a precise and faster, more secure mounting.
- A 4mm O-ring and the SUBAL Quick-Lock closure system prevents accidental crushing of the O-ring and ensures maximum safety.
- Threaded holes at the base allow the attachment of a tray.
- Focusing lights can be attached or mounted to the top shoe.
- The monitor window provides a glare-free and high-contrast view of the camera monitor.
- Material selection, processing, surface protection and finish conform to the usual high-quality.
SUBAL has developed various viewfinders systems to meet the uw-photographers requirement. All SUBAL viewfinders bodies are manufactured from sea grade aluminum alloy and anodized. High-quality multi-coated optical glass ensures best resolution and optimum light transmission. Easy mount system makes possible to interchange the viewfinders on every SUBAL housing. The straight GS180 enlarges the image in the camera’s view by 2.5 times. The WS45 which also has a magnification factor of 150%, offers an exceptionally comfortable viewing angle and can be rotated 360°, in 90° notched steps, making it perfect for macro and half-and-half shots. SUBAL’s latest innovation, is the new PS30 prism viewfinder which is specially designed for video recording as well as macro and half-and-half shots.
All SUBAL ports with bayonet mounts can be used except the DP-FE2.
Seawater-resistant aluminum alloy worked from a solid block. Hard-coating and corrosion treatment is applied to the surface of the housing. In addition 3 layers of powder-coating paint is applied to give the housing the Subal colour and unique finish.
All parts are made of hard-anodized light alloy, acid-resistant stainless steel and high-quality plastics to cope with the marine environment.
Width x height x depth: Approx. 280 x 215 x 160 mm (w/o port and handles)
Strobe connections: 2 strobe connectors optionally Nikonos V, IKELITE or Subtronic S6 Sockets connected in parallel
Flash arm mounting: 2 x T-plates 25 mm, TLC - or Ultra-light base optional shoe
Controls : All functions of the camera can be operated. In particular: main switch/backlight, shutter, zoom (manual focus), front and rear main dial, lens release, focus mode (M-S-C), AF mode, metering, AF-lock, AF-ON, port-lock, photo/video switching.
Push buttons for: Mode, exposure compensation, bracketing, Flash method, AF mode, lock, video start / stop, playback, delete, menu, thumbnail, protect, OK, ISO, quality, white balance, microphone, multifunction button, info, Live View. AF-on, PV, FN, AF Mode
The housing can be upgraded to 120m depth springs for an additional cost.
Colours - the housing comes as standard in Subal grey - other colours (including the black housing in some of the pictures) is available at an additional cost.