A compact unit that converts the camera's TTL signal to a light signal. The converter can be mounted on the camera's accessory shoe and can be connected to (a) SEA&SEA strobe(s) with Fiber-Optic Cable(s) (*). TTL and manual modes can be switched by pushing the mode switch on the housing.
* SEA&SEA's Fiber-Optic Cable II must be used with an Optical YS Converter.
- [Controls] Power ON/Power OFF/TTL mode (indicated by blue lamp)/Manual mode (indicated by green lamp)
- * Remaining battery level is indicated by flashing LED lamp.
- [Auto Power Off] The converter will automatically power off if the shutter lever or the mode switch is not activated for more than one hour.
- * The converter can be re-activated by pressing the mode switch.
- [Power Source] 2 x AAA battery (Alkaline: 3.0V / Ni-MH: 2.4V)
- [Power Source] (*1) Alkaline: 15 hours / Mi-MH: 12 hours (*2)
- *1 Operating time depends on the battery brand, temperature and frequency of use.
- *2 Operating time tested on 750 mAh batteries.
When using with the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera in the MDX-5D Mark IV housing.
Images may be overexposed when shooting close-ups. To avoid overexposed images, the distance from subject-to-port front should be greater than 15cm/6 inches or shoot close-ups in manual mode.
- Camera: EOS 5D Mark IV
- Lens: Canon EF100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM
- Port: DX Macro Port 87
- Strobe: YS-D2
- Tested on land
A note about serial numbers:
* The Optical YS Converters / C2 with serial numbers more than YSC200094 are compatible with the Canon 5D Mark lV.
* The Optical YS Converters / C2 with serial numbers below YSC200094 are not compatible. New firmware will be required.
All converters shipped from Sea & Sea Japan now will be compatible with the 5D IV.
- Additional Information
Dimensions (WxHxD)] 54.4 x 39.5 x 53.3mm / 2.1 x 1.6 x 2.1 inches (without cable) Product Weight 54g / 1.9oz. Material Aluminum alloy (case) Part Number #50142 SKU/EAN 496043650142x